Thursday, January 06, 2011

Second Chances

I'm sure you've all heard of the "man with the golden voice". He is a homeless man who is a former radio DJ. His story is so touching. It just goes to show that God loves us and he gives second chances. It doesn't take much to make me cry, and this story is no exception. It touches my heart to see someone beat the odds and turn their life around the way he has. His story also makes you realize just how blessed we are, and how thankful we should be for what we have. He went from having everything, to having absolutely nothing. Now he is working on getting his life back together. He was on Today this morning and shared his story. He is so humble and thankful and it shows. He also has such a sweet spirit and demeanor about him and I truly hope this is a sign of great things to come for the man with golden voice (which he really does have BTW!).



Today I worked on getting the house de-Christmasfied. I hate taking Christmas decorations down. It's kind of depressing and makes my house look so bare when it's down. It also puts me in a cleaning frenzy for some reason and I have to clean everything! I guess that could be seen as a good thing too! HA! I got everything down and put up except for the outside lights and the tree. And since the tree is 9 feet tall, I think I'll wait until Joseph is here to help me with that! The lights outside can wait until Saturday too! They're turned off (so I don't end up being "that" neighbor), just not taken down yet. :-) It's always shocking how naked my house looks without all the decor. I took a few shots of my mantle when I got the normal decor put back on it....just for fun...and I had to have some more fun and revamp them a lil bit! ;)






Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! It seems like this week has gone by quickly...not that I'm complaining!! ;-) Grey's Anatomy comes back on tonight and I am SO excited! I'm a little obsessed with Grey's. I hope your Friday treats you well! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!