Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Guest Bathroom Mini-Makeover

I've been wanting to revamp our guest bathroom for a while, especially since we'll be having more guests staying over in just a few months. Joseph uses it as his bathroom, which is awesome for us. It works great for us to have separate bathrooms! It is small, but that makes it pretty easy to decorate and keep clean. I didn't take a picture of the before, but it didn't really have a "look". It mostly centered around the shower curtain. It was a Nicole Miller and I fell in love with it when I found it at BB&B (that's Bed, Bath, & Beyond). I threw some neutral towels we had with it and left it at that. We've had it for over 4 years and I've been growing tired of it...even though I never go in there...it's just not my style anymore. It's a neutral curtain with squared sections that have different patterns. It's a little fancy and fru-fru and I wanted a more simple, clean look.


So, I did a little looking online and found what I wanted at Target. So I went out and got this....


I wanted something either solid white, or white with a simple border, to open up the room. I love how fresh and hotel-like it looks.



I'm not a huge fan of bath rugs. They can often look cheap and don't wash well. You know the ones I'm talking about...the cheap fabric with the rubber bottom. Not a fan. But this one is all fabric, nice fabric...no rubber on the bottom, so it will wash well and it is so comfy and soft under the feet!!



I got a few towels to match, and added this monogrammed towel to them. It matched the colors great.



And I had to get a little hand towel to put by the sink.

I know bathrooms aren't exciting, but I wanted to share the face-lift I gave ours last night. The room looks much brighter, more open, and put together with its new accessories. Now I need to tackle organizing the cabinet under the sink with things for guests...towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, etc.

I hope your first workday of the new year was good to you. It sure is hard to get back in the groove after a holiday. I think I wrote or typed 2010 at least 8 times yesterday! HA! I'll get used to 2011 in a couple of months. ;-)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!