Friday, January 21, 2011

Thank You!

I just wanted to take a quick minute to thank everyone who has voted, or is going to vote, for my blog on Top Mommy Blogs. Since Tuesday, my blog has jumped from #406 to #248. Not too shabby!! It's not like I'm looking to win the top spot or anything (although that would be super cool, of course), I just thought it'd be a fun thing to do. This is also a great website to find awesome blogs to read/follow. I just "met" my newest follower who found me through the site. I look forward to following her blog as well. My blog really pales in comparison to most of these. There are some truly inspiring, humorous, and entertaining blogs out there.

If any of you are considering starting a blog, I say go for it! It's a great outlet for me to vent feelings, update friends and family on daily happenings, etc. I tried to start a blog once or twice before, but just wasn't committed to it. It's not hard, but it can consume some time. You just have to stick with it for a while and you'll know if it's something that will work for you or not. I've had my blog going since May of last year, and while it hasn't always been easy to come up with things to blog about, or find the time to blog, I've stuck with it and I love it!! I do it mostly for my friends and family who live far away, but I also do it for my Facebook friends and anyone else who wants to read it, as well as myself. I can't wait to look back on these posts one day, especially the ones about my pregnancy. I really had no idea what I was doing at first, and just figured it all out myself....that doesn't mean I have it all figured out. I learn something else at least once a week, and still have a lot to learn, but I enjoy figuring it out on my own. I learn better that way. Hopefully once Hudson comes, I won't slack off too much. That's when the real fun posting will come...updates on him, what he's doing, and lots of pictures! ;)

So if you're on the fence about starting one, just take the chance and try it out. It'll start out small, but once people realize you have a blog (by you posting links to it on your Facebook, talking about it in conversations, email, and FB, etc., you will slowly begin to have followers. I have 17, which isn't necessarily a whole lot (although it's a lot to me), but I appreciate and value each and every one of you and love sharing my life with you!!! I also know there are many people who don't "follow" it publicly, but still read it. I truly appreciate the fact that you find it at least interesting enough that you take the time out of your day to read it! :-)

I hope y'all have a great Friday, and an even better weekend!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!