Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Milestones

We've hit a couple of important milestones in our house. As you know, we've been experimenting with some solids for the last week or so. Up until now Hudson has been pretty apprehensive about the whole spoon thing. He likes the food, just doesn't dig the spoon. I've been having to gently encourage him to eat off of it. Once he does, he eats the food up. Well, yesterday something clicked and he finally started opening up his mouth for the food. It was such a proud moment and I couldn't help but cry. It's so awesome to see your child finally get something you've been working on with them.

He really likes pears.

But sweet potatoes are definitely his favorite so far!!
Licking his hands clean!


BUT the biggest milestone is that Hudson slept in his crib last night.....for 8.5+ hours!!!! Yesterday I wrote down everything we did and what time we did it in order to establish a routine, which I should have started doing a long time ago, but I don't think he was ready. Now he is. I made a point to at least try to get him to nap about 2 hours after he woke up in the morning, and 2 hours after every wake-up from each nap. It worked great! We gave him a bath a little after 8 and he was in his crib asleep at 8:40. I tried to feed him his nighttime bottle but he could only stay awake long enough to eat an ounce or two. He woke up around 10:20, finished it off and went right back to sleep, and slept until around 6 this morning! After a feeding he went back to sleep until about 9:15! I'd like to say I got like 8 hours of sleep but I can't. I was so nervous, anxious, etc. that I didn't get much sleep for looking at the video monitor all the time. But I know I'd go crazy without it, especially with him being so far away from us in the house. I kept thinking he's going to wake up any minute. Or he'd move and I'd be like, yeah he's about to roll himself over and wake up. It never happened...until 6 am. I feel like we've accomplished something so big, even if tonight isn't as good, I know he's capable of sleeping through the night, in HIS room, in HIS crib. I know we'll still have bad nights and it won't always go so perfectly, but this is a huge step for us! I wish we had done it sooner, but I don't think Hudson or I were ready.

I feel like he's such a big boy now...eating solids like a champ and sleeping in his own room. It's bittersweet. He's growing up so fast and it breaks my heart, but I am so proud of him. I guess I'll have those emotions for the rest of his life...sad, yet proud. Hopefully we'll have a good night tonight. We'll see if we can do it 2 nights in a row. :)

P.S. 2 Days, 22 Hours and 24 Minutes until Bama football!! ;)

1 comments:

  1. That's great. I remember doing the same thing with my daughter. I hope tonight and every night goes so smooth for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!