Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Weekend

We've kind of laid low this weekend, but yesterday we headed out for a bite to eat and a little shopping. Hudson slept pretty much through the entire dinner, but was wide awake for some shopping at BRU. We decided to go ahead and get him a highchair. I think it's nice to have a full-size highchair for home, but we can also take the top part off and take it with us for vacations or to someone's house and strap it to a chair. I still think it'd be nice to have a small one that attaches to a table for restaurants and such, but I haven't decided yet.

We put it together today and it was really easy (most baby things are NOT so easy...I know, I've put just about all of them together so far)

It swallows him whole at the moment, but he sits pretty well in it and it reclines, which is great for bottle-feeding, then I can sit him up for some solids. We've been having a little bit of solids every day and he still doesn't seem to like the whole spoon thing and must think it's some kind of torture device I guess. HA! He likes what's on the spoon though. We're getting there!


Poor sleepy baby took over an hour long nap in my lap today. I didn't mind. :-)


His teething prompted me to get some teething gel and a couple more rings. I got this Razberry teether pacifier and he loves it. He's always chewing on the plastic part of his pacifier so this is great for him.


After a few friends advising we use rice cereal in his bottle before bed, we did it the other night and he slept over 8 hours! We've thought about doing it before, just hadn't done so yet. Now, he started out in his pack 'n play and slept there for a couple of hours before he rolled over. I rolled him back over so he didn't wake himself up.(because he doesn't sleep on his back) He did this twice before I decided to just bring him bed with us. Once he was there, he didn't roll over again. It's something about the darn pack 'n play! It may be that it kinda moves when he moves that's the problem. If he'll continue sleeping well with the rice cereal I'll start trying to transition him to his crib. We shall see! I didn't do rice cereal last night and did a little bit of baby food instead and he was up a couple of times. Sooo....I'm sticking to the rice cereal! :-) He's down now but was only able to eat about an ounce or so of his bottle before falling asleep. He had eaten a good bit not too long before, so I'm not sure how tonight will go. Maybe he'll wake up in a bit and finish the bottle. Remember, my child's a night owl, and typically doesn't go down for the night until 11-11:30! ;-) FYI, although it says I wrote this at 7:49, I got around to finishing it at about 11:15. Here's to hoping for a decent night! Hope y'all had a great weekend. College football starts in t-minus 5 days(I can say 5 since it's almost midnight!) :-) I'm ready to sport my Bama best and scream and holler at the TV! Ah, my favorite time of year...aside from Christmas! HA!

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!