Monday, April 08, 2013

Strawberry Cobbler


This recipe is super easy and will have you slappin' yo mama it's so good!!
I see this being made a lot over the summer months.

Strawberry Cobbler

Filling
2 16oz packages fresh strawberries, washed and sliced
1 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg (although 2 probably would've been a little better)
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy cream (for extra creaminess/richness)

Crust
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk
6 tbsp cold butter cut into small cubes

Combine filling ingredients until mixed well. Pour into greased baking pan.
Combine crust ingredients and work together with pastry blender, fork, or hands. I used a fork to incorporate the butter, then my hands and worked into a biscuit dough consistency. Pinch off dough and place onto top of fruit mixture. It doesn't have to be perfect. That's the great thing about cobbler! I sprinkled the top with a little brown sugar for a little extra somethin' somethin'.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.

I didn't get a picture of the whole dish with my camera, but Joseph took a picture with his phone.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
Be prepared to eat the entire bowl.
I think I need to go do another quality test of this stuff right now.
See ya! :-)

P.S. I hope you get to try it and like it as much as we do!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks amazing!! :) mmmhmmm thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up this week! This looks so easy and delicious!! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!