Saturday, October 20, 2012

18 Months

So, evidently my child is 18 months old today. That's 1.5 years!!! We can't possibly be halfway through his 2nd year already. There's just no way....right?


Hudson, you are just the most handsome dude ever. You are so happy and love everyone and everything. I love that about you. You are an absolute joy to be around and I can't get enough of you!

  • I haven't weighed you and you don't have another checkup until you're TWO!! I'd guess you weigh about 25-26 pounds and are about 33-34" tall. I need to measure and weigh you for real, though.
  • You wear 18-24 mos clothes and a size 4 diaper.
  • You wear about a size 5.5 shoe...probably will be in a 6 very soon.
  • You sleep from around 8:30 or 9pm - 8 or 8:30am (most of the time)
  • You take a nap from about 2-4 every day. Sometimes it's a little longer or a little shorter.
  • You love milk and drink a sippy cup of it with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You drink water with a morning and afternoon snack.
  • Your favorite foods are any and all fruit, green beans, tater tots/fries, chicken, turkey, mac & cheese, pb sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, Goldfish, the occasional cookie or a little ice cream(rare treats), CHEESE, and I'm sure there's more. You love to eat.
  • You don't say that many actual words(although you talk ALL. DAY. LONG.), but your vocabulary is getting bigger, slowly. You say mama, gaga for Dada (still can't say our Ds!!), Bry Bry for Bryant, ball, book, gog for dog, cah for cat and a few others. I'm tired and my mind isn't working too well. I'll add more as I think of them. You're always just so busy doing things and learning words doesn't interest you sometimes.
  • You love animals and can identify lots of them now. We look at your animal book all the time and you'll point to the ones I ask you to.
  • You are very smart and understand everything we say and ask you to do. You're very good with directions and mostly do what we ask you to do. HA!
  • You're also very strong-willed and stubborn. Can't think of where you might get that.
  • I mean this in the most loving way possible, but you have an ugly cry face. You get it from your momma so I can't judge. It's ok, son. It's ok. Just cover your face when you cry.
  • We're doing better without the paci during the day and you mostly just get it for nap time and bed time. Every now and then when you get upset you'll need it for a little bit but you mostly do just fine without it. I hope that it's gone by your 2nd birthday.
  • You love the Bubble Guppies so much and it's pretty much the only show you really watch and it will stop you in your tracks when you hear it.
  • You're still in love with the dogs and they love you as well. 
  • You love to build things, investigate things, and figure out how they work. I think you'll be an engineer or architect one day.
  • You still dance like crazy. Branching out on your moves. They're pretty awesome.
  • You love being outside.
  • You have just about learned all your basic shapes! We practice with the sorting toy and you can sort them with no trouble or hesitation now. You play the shapes app on my phone a lot and can identify the correct shapes a little more every day.

I'm sure there's a lot more I can add, and I will as I think of things. You are just the best and we love you so much!! It's so fun to see you learning and and growing every day, even if it makes this momma cry sometimes. You are such a happy, healthy boy and there is nothing more important to your daddy and me than that! We love you to the moon and back!!



We went to the pumpkin patch and I didn't take any actual "staged" 18 month pics today so here's some from our visit to the patch today. I'll share the rest tomorrow with the pumpkin patch post.





































I hope y'all had a great Saturday! RTR!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!