Friday, October 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Russ-Man!

Today is my sweet daddy's birthday! 


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am blessed with the absolute best dad in the world. There are so many wonderful things I could say about him, which would make him feel awkward and uncomfortable. He hates the spotlight on him and would rather stand in the background while someone else gets the credit and attention. But, I'm going to do it anyway! :-)


He is an amazing husband, and because of him and the example he set, I didn't settle for just any man as my husband. (I got a pretty good one, myself!)



Y'all, I really love my dad if I'm willing to post this picture. I was 36 weeks pregnant, swollen, and looked like I was about to pop at any moment. This is love, people! HA!
He has always dreamed of becoming a grandfather and was ecstatic when he found out that dream would be a reality.


He loved Hudson from the minute he met him. It was love at first sight.


Most people don't know how funny my dad is. He's one of those people who doesn't say too much, but when he does, he makes it count. He just comes in with a witty comment out of nowhere. He has one of the best senses of humor around, and if you get to know him, you'll find that out.


He loves Hudson so much and even speaks his language. ;-)


My absolute favorite picture of them, ever. Hudson loves his Russ-Man.


The most important thing to him is, and always has been, his family. There is nothing more precious to him and he'll do anything for them.


He is the most selfless and hard-working person I know. This is the quality I admire most about him. He will do anything for anyone, without wanting or expecting anything in return. He truly has a servant's heart.


He is honorable, respectable, and dependable. If he says he'll do something, you better believe he'll do it. He is a man of his word.


It's not easy for some men to raise a girl, but my dad did it perfectly. He was lucky that I was into softball and basketball as much as I was dancing and dolls. ;-) He is a great girl's daddy and has always shown me love through his hugs, kisses, words, and actions. 


He has always supported me, encouraged me, praised me, and loved me....unconditionally. If there is one person I'm proud to be told I'm a lot alike, it's him. (my mom is pretty amazing too and I'm proud to be like her in some qualities) While I don't think I'm half the person my dad is, I strive to be more like him every day, and I hope that one day I'm as highly thought of as he is by everyone who knows him.


Happy Birthday, Dad. I hope your day is as special as you deserve, that you know how loved and appreciated you are, and that the cake mother is baking has some chocolate in it for you. ;-)
I love you more than I can ever express!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!