Sunday, December 16, 2012

December Birchbox

Well, we've had a fun weekend. We Christmas partied, did some holiday baking, gingerbread house building, and had a great family day today. But I'll post all about that over the next couple days. ;-)

My December Birchbox came in the other day so it's time to share the contents.



I thought this month's box was pretty good. I wasn't doing cartwheels over it (mostly because I didn't want to pull a hammy) but I was pleased.



1. Nicole by Nicole Richie - I won't mention the fact that I've gotten some kind of fragrance sample in every.single.box. (oops, too late) but this one was alright. It's a little strong for me. I don't like people to smell me 5 minutes before I enter a room, so it's not something I'd wear on a daily basis, but the scent is nice, just a little much. I don't wear perfume much anyway...just the samples I get if I like them. My fave so far has been Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La fleur....go figure! Never thought I'd love a Juicy Couture product. Christmas gift, perhaps? (ahem, and Urban Decay Naked eye shadow palettes. Just sayin)

2. Kerastase Resistance Ciment Thermique - This is a leave-in milk for your hair that protects it from heat damage, while helping it grow strong and healthy. I used this yesterday and it made my hair feel really soft and conditioned. I just put a little in my hair when I got out of the shower, massaged it in well, then brushed it through. It's good to use when you're growing your hair out (ME!), so I'm hoping this helps my hair stay strong and resist breakage as it grows. Smells pretty good too!

3. A little extra - gift tag. Cute, but doubt I'll use it. 

4. Emily's Chocolates - Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookie - I got the Dark Chocolate Peppermint flavor. Ummm....it was gone in a matter of minutes. And I never eat the fortune cookies at Chinese restaurants. They're just...blah to me, so I don't care for them. Now, if all places offered these fortune cookies....DONE! 

5. $50 giftcard to Rent the Runway. This is also something I doubt I'll use, but hey..pretty cool!

6. Juicy Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream - It's designed to moisturize, prime, protect, and conceal. I tried a tad yesterday and it's pretty oily, which is not so good for my combination/oily skin. I like the idea of it, but I don't think it's for someone with my type of skin.

I was also supposed to get theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer (luminizer, get it?) but for some reason, it didn't make it into the box. I've contacted Birchbox so hopefully they can send it out to me so I can try it out. It can be used as a highlighter, eyeshadow, and all over shimmer. It's got some great reviews so I have high hopes for it.


Oh, and the chocolate covered fortune cookie did have a fortune in it, of course.....

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer, is singing loud for all to hear!!!"

Birchbox is a great way to sample products and find new favorites in the areas of beauty, fragrance, lifestyle products, edible goodies, etc, for only $10/month. It's fun to get that little box every month! If you'd like to learn more, or sign up for a subscription, you can go here. There's usually a 3-4 week wait once you sign up before you'll be contacted to join, but I've heard if you "gift" yourself a subscription, you don't have to wait. So keep that in mind. Those gift subscriptions also make fabulous Christmas gifts, FYI....if you've procrastinated and need a gift or two. Check it out!

Wishing everyone a much better, happier week than the last week has been.
We all need some happy, some beauty, and some joy. Bless you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!