Sunday, December 09, 2012

Six Years!

It was 6 years ago today that I was getting ready to walk down the aisle to the man of my dreams. We got married exactly 6 years after our first date. (That means we've been together TWELVE years today!...with about a 10 month long breakup in there) Yes, we are high school sweethearts, and I realize how cliche and obnoxious that is. Wanna know something else? My parents are HS sweethearts as well.....as are Joseph's parents....and my grandparents. There may even be more HS sweethearts in the family. These are the ones that stand out in my mind, though. All of those marriages have been pretty successful, so I think it looks pretty good for us, too. ;-)

Here are some pictures that chronicle our journey together. There are some even older ones, but I don't think I have most of them. We were babies in the beginning. :)

Beach trip from Summer of '06...wind-blown hair and all. A few months before we were married.


Going out for my birthday...either '05 or '06. Not 100% sure. This is also a good picture of what my parents' kitchen used to look like.

What it looks like NOW......crazy transformation, right?

One of our engagement pictures.


One of the best days of our lives. It was perfect.


This is probably my favorite picture from our wedding. It's real and true. One of the sweetest moments from that day. Thankful for the way he loves me.

6 years ago, right after saying "I Do."


And today. (last night, technically)


We've had an amazing 6 years of marriage. It definitely hasn't always been easy. Marriage takes work and a lot of love and compromise. Life throws you curves and there have been hiccups along the way. Life has tried to test our relationship, but we have always come out on top, and stronger than ever. I am very blessed to have married my best friend. Someone who's always got my back and best interest at heart. Someone I can tell everything to, knowing he will not judge me and will love me all the same. I can honestly say we are just as happy (even happier) than we were those 6 years ago. I have never questioned my decision to marry this man. He loves me unconditionally and puts me first. He is loyal, loving, caring, understanding, tolerant, funny, SMART, gentle, protective, strong, and he truly is my soulmate. He is a great provider for our family, which allows me to stay home with our sweet boy. This is not always an easy task and he works so hard to make it possible....all the while, never once complaining.

We've done some fun things together, which include concerts, football games and travels (Hawaii, NYC, Baltimore, FL, and more). But the most amazing thing we've done in our 6 years of marriage........


Is become a family of three.



I love these 2 with all my heart and can't imagine life without them. They are my most precious blessings. Just as I knew he would be, Joseph is an absolutely terrific dad and watching him with Hudson makes me fall in love with him all over again. I am so thankful for the man he is.

It's been a wonderful 6 years, and I can't wait to see what the next 6 will hold for us. 
Thank you for making my dreams come true.

Happy Anniversary, baby. I love you more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!