Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartbroken

I was going to do my usual High Five for Friday post today, but considering the events that have occurred, it's just not important.

My heart is absolutely broken for the families who lost loved ones in this senseless school shooting in CT. The babies....children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters, innocent lives with everything ahead of them. And the parents, grandparents, friends, teachers...all people who came to school thinking they were perfectly safe...as they SHOULD be! 


20 children and 6 adults were killed in this senseless tragedy. A tragedy that should never have happened. This cannot keep happening in our nation. We have got to arm our schools, restrict access to them, and require everyone go through a metal detector before they enter...at the VERY least! This is not the same world I grew up in, and that breaks my heart. You're not safe anywhere anymore. We can't stop crazy, disturbed people from doing these violent things, but we can protect ourselves and our communities!

Let's all keep the friends and families of these precious victims in our thoughts and prayers as they deal with this unfathomable tragedy. Hug your babies and loved ones extra tight today. I know I will!


1 comments:

  1. This made me cry (again). Bless their little hearts. #JesusBeNear

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!