Saturday, December 29, 2012

Like It Never Even Happened...

I'm pretty sure this is a record for how fast we've gotten Christmas decorations down. I usually leave them up until at least New Year's but this year, I didn't waste any time. I guess having a very inquisitive 20 month old will encourage that. I had his tree down Wednesday and have been working on the rest the last few days.

On one hand, the house sure does look a little sad and depressing without it, but on the other hand, it looks clean, clutter-free, and that once beautiful tree that was beginning to droop and die is no longer an eye-sore. ;-)

And now that everything is back in its original spot, I am motivated again to get one of Hudson's pictures framed and hung on that wall. It's screaming for something


And my usual mantel decor is just...meh. It needs a new look and a little revamp, so I gotta scope out Target or Pier 1 for some new accessories or something. 



I love the way Christmas decorations make the house feel so warm and inviting, but it really is nice to have our house "back". Ya know what I mean?

And in no time at all......it's like it never even happened.

Enjoy the last couple days of 2012. Do you have any big New Year's Eve plans?


1 comments:

  1. We are planning to do this tomorrow! I'm like you, I love how warm the house feels, but my 14 month old has had a little too much fun pulling decorations down.

    www.cushybabyfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!