Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February Birchbox

February's Birchbox finally arrived after being snowed in for a few days, so it's time to check it out.
I'm not doing backflips over this box or anything, but it's not bad either. I guess I was most impressed by the sizes of a couple of the samples. Whether or not I like those samples is still undecided, but the sizes are pretty generous compared to samples I normally get.


1. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint - I got the luminizing moisture tint in my very first Birchbox and thought it was pretty good. It was good for giving me a luminous look around your eyes/cheekbones. I'm looking forward to trying out the matte version to see what it does for me.

2. Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - I think this could be really good for brightening up your complexion during these dry, Winter days. I'll try this out tonight before bed.

3. Skin & Co. Sicilian Body Gel - This is a conditioning vitamin C body gel to use in the shower. It smells a little funny but maybe it smells better all lathered up. I shall see. My skin could use some conditioning, I know that much!! This sample is a great size, as well.

4. Bonus - Ghirardelli Chocolate/Caramel Square - I've heard some people complain about getting food in their boxes...maybe they have allergies, or maybe they've had issues with it arriving broken or melted, I don't know. Any time I've gotten food, especially chocolate, it's always arrived in great condition and with even better yumminess!! I'm always pumped when I see some chocolate in my box. I know I'll be enjoying this one. It probably won't be here too much longer. ;)

5. Finally, there's the Lancome Hynose Star Volumizing Mascara - I had to try this out right away and see how I liked it. I decided to share the results with you. Don't judge my naked eyes too much, mmmk? 
Obviously, mascara was applied to the eye on the left, and the eye on the right is naked. Nothing at all on it. (Yikes, I know!) The wand of this mascara makes all the difference I think. It's a shape I've never seen in other mascaras. You can read more about it here, 'cause I can't really explain it. But, I really like this mascara a lot. It goes on easily and doesn't need 23 coats. My lashes are nice in length, but could use some assistance in the volume area and this really helped them out. The look would be complete with some liner and shadow, of course, but you get the idea. I also like that after the mascara was dry, it didn't feel all hard and crusty. My lashes are still pretty soft and flexible, while keeping their shape.

So, I guess I'll keep my subscription for at least another month. I don't know if these products will all be wonderful for me, but I think the value was great in this box.

Have you tried out Birchbox yet? Head on over here if you're interested! 
Remember, it's only $10/month!!

Happy Wednesday!

P.S. Don't forget to enter the giveaway. It ends Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. I tried it and I never got any good stuff. I was always so mad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, not cool. Some months are definitely let-downs, that's for sure. I'm hoping they're starting to step up their game to keep up with the others out there.

      Delete
  2. I tried the glam girl bag by ipsy for two months, and I wasn't impressed. Thinking of trying birchbox to give it a whirl. Did you know they now have a box for snacks! yup!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to get feedback about Ipsy. i really don't know anything about it. I had no idea about this snack box!!! I gotta look into this!! Thanks! :)

      Delete
  3. I cancelled my subscription because I felt like they started strong, but then my boxes got worse and worse. This looks like a good box though. Those sample sizes are huge. :) and who can complain about chocolate? Yum!
    Happy Wednesday Girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, some months I really consider canceling but then the next month always seem to make up for that blah month. I was really pleased with these sample sizes and chocolate is always a plus, so they've got me for at least another month. HAHA! Happy Wednesday to YOU!!

      Delete
  4. I have thought about signing up to get Birchbox but I haven't yet because I have heard mixed things. Those samples are huge! That's always good! And you got chocolate!? This box is making me want to order my own subscription!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it for the most part. Some months are just kinda eh, but others make up for it. It's only $10/month and you can cancel any time so that's the good thing about it. It's really the only thing I do for myself and I really like getting that little box in the mail each month. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!