Monday, February 04, 2013

So I Eat Like a 12 Year Old Girl...

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Random...that's all I can say about this post.

Now, I consider myself a foodie. I think I have a pretty sophisticated pallet. (I've really just always wanted to say that!) In all actuality, I do really love eating the finer of dishes, but I also love me some good ol' "normal" food too. ;) Gimme a cheeseburger, fries, chicken fingers, a nice "cream of" casserole....those all sound super sophisticated, right? OK, perhaps not, but dangit if they're not delicious!!

Then there's things like this...
Thus enters 12 year old Lauren.
(The 16 year old Lauren comes out when Destiny's Child reunites during the Super Bowl halftime show, but that's neither here nor there.)

I could seriously eat gummy candy all day long. It's kind of embarrassing, but also kind of awesome. And you may notice the insane amount of green/yellow sour worms left..that'd be 'cause I pick through those...with every kind of candy. Skittles...starburst....gummy bears....gag. I hate the yellows and greens of anything!!! Weird? Why, yes...yes I am! :)

I may be 28 (approaching 29) but sometimes I like to flashback about 16 years, if only for a minute.
So....what brings out your inner 12 year old??

3 comments:

  1. First of all I had no idea you were 28, I figured you were younger than me. Second of all, that's funny that you pick out the yellows and greens. I'm not much of a candy eater but when I do I pick out the blues and eat them first because it's the prettiest lol. And yes...burgers count as sophisticated! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really picky and I literally do have the pallet of a 10 year old. Like kids I could and sometimes do eat the same old thing every single day. I eat Peanut Butter and Jelly on the regular for dinner and refuse to eat seafood or sushi. I'm also a candy junky! Not as bad as I used to be but I love gummy anything and if I have a whole bag I'm in trouble!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a candy crazy person. I currently LOVE Jolly Rancher Chews - and could probably eat a bag in a day. NO JOKE! I eat sandwiches for dinner most nights - healthy right?! and would rather have dessert for a meal than the actual meal!

    Found you after a few random clicks! New follower!

    Lindsey
    www.lifeoncountryside.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!