Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Weekend


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Ours was a little busy, but we enjoyed spending time with the sweet mothers in our lives.

Here's how our weekend was spent....

We kicked it off Friday with some pizza at Mellow Mushroom. It's always a favorite.
Joseph mentioned having a Mother's Day present for me a few times and was teasing me with it. "Maybe I'll give it to you now." "Nah, I'll wait til Sunday." Ugh, men!
Anyway, little did I know what I was going to find under my pillow when I came to bed Friday night.
Surprised would be a huge understatement!! Evidently, they had been in the cabinet above the fridge for like a week. He said he took a risk that I might need one of my glass vases or pitchers from up there. Lucky for him, I didn't and was completely surprised!!! He rarely gets me good like that. I always manage to find out surprises! :) We usually don't make a big deal out of little holidays but for whatever reason he decided to spoil me. What a sweetheart. I'm so blessed and thankful.

Saturday, we met my parents and grandparents at The Rock House in Guntersville for lunch. We went here with our friends Catherine & Forrest recently and it was really good. It didn't disappoint for lunch either. My Greek flatbread sandwich was divine!
 Joseph & Papa deep in thought.

 I've got a beautiful, giving, loving, selfless, amazing, irreplaceable mother!

Kisses for G-Nana.

4 generations. 

 Loves his Sue Sue & Russ-man.

And he's pretty wild about Papa too!!! They had a great time during lunch and Hudson is obsessed with saying his name now. Papa would take one of his chips and he'd say "Oh, Papa!!" Sweetest thing ever. They're quite a pair.
Sweetest boys in the world!

Sunday we spent some time with Joseph's family and ate too much food. (which we pretty much did all weekend!)
Watching some Bubble Guppies in the car. He was just laughing and having a ball back there! :)

 I am so blessed with these 2 guys. Thankful for my other 2 blessings on the way.

Loving on Grammy & Poppy.

And as if we hadn't eaten enough throughout the weekend, we stopped for some Mexican for dinner.
 Hudson likes to rub our noses and this is the face that comes at us. Nice!
Every good southerner loves their sweet tea. Hudson is no exception.

We spent the evening resting from our weekend, and I had to peel myself from bed this morning. We are so thankful to have so many wonderful mothers in our lives and in Hudson's life. They have set some amazing examples for me as a mom. If I can be even a fraction of the mothers they all are, I will consider myself very successful. 

Have a great week, y'all!!

1 comments:

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!