Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quick Weekend Recap

This is going to be quick, because frankly, I'm exhausted. Our backyard has SO many bushes in it and they're all pretty high-maintenance (super annoying, especially for someone who hates yard work and has no green thumb) and the weeds in the beds are ridiculous! They grow super fast and if you don't stay on top of them, they pile up. Well, we haven't stayed on top of them and after we got an estimate from our lawn guys for taking care of them and trimming the bushes, I quickly got motivated to take care of business myself!! Not sure who some people think they are charging the insane amounts they charge for things, but whatever. I got out in the backyard during Hudson's nap and pulled...and pulled...and pulled. Luckily they were all pretty easy to pull, there were just a lot of them! You know those weeds that are really resistant and want to stay in the ground? And you pull and pull and then BAM! All of a sudden, they come up and send you flying onto your butt? Yeah...always a good time. I always laugh at myself when that happens, even if it hurts a little bit. I can only imagine how funny that sight must be to someone else. HAHA!

Anywho...we didn't do very much this weekend, but we did go to cousin Logan's 2nd birthday party on Saturday. We started off the day early and this little guy hopped up in the big chair like he'd been eating there his whole life. Trying to grow up on me. :(

We headed down to the party and even though it had to be moved because of rain, the turn-out was great and Crystal had it set up so nice. It was a very cute John Deere theme!

The birthday boy was STOKED about his John Deere Gator!

My 2nd cousin, Crystal, and me. Her Paw Paw and my Fatdaddy were brothers and we were always pretty close growing up. I just think she's one of the best people ever!!
 And I'm super jealous of her skinny, tan self. Once I pop these babies out, I'm getting skinny, I tell ya!! ;)

Mr. balloon man...typical.

My two men.

We pretty much took the rest of the weekend easy and it was nice. It rained a lot and who likes to get out in that anyway?

I hope you had a nice weekend as well. My heart is so heavy and saddened by what has happened in OK and all I can do is pray for the victims....those who lost loved ones, homes, pets....everything. The devastation is surreal and unimaginable. My thoughts and prayers are with them all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!