Monday, September 10, 2012

Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Shells

This recipe looked really good to me when I saw it on Pinterest so I just had to try it. It's adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe and I think it's supposed to have 9 points per 3 shells. You can find the original recipe here.






Cheesy Chicken & Spinach Shells

Ingredients:

1-2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded (I boiled mine)
12 jumbo pasta shells
1 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
2 large egg whites, gently beaten (I just used a small splash of Egg Beaters)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp oregano
1 tbsp chopped basil
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed; drain excess water)
1 1/2 cup pasta sauce


Directions:

Cook pasta shells according to directions on box. 
Preheat oven to 350.
Plunge shells into ice water to cool, set aside on paper towels.

Mix together filling: chicken, ricotta, garlic powder, oregano, basil, egg, spinach, and 1/4 cup each of mozzarella and parmesan cheeses. **Tip** I always put my eggs in last so I can taste for correct seasonings before putting it in.**


Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and spread about 1/2 cup of pasta sauce evenly into bottom of pan. 


Fill shells with chicken mixture and line them up in the pan. There may have been 16 shells in my pan, instead of 12.


Pour remaining sauce over shells, then follow with remaining cheese.


Bake for 30 minutes.


Devour!

Like I said earlier, this dish has 9 WW points for 3 shells. I'm not sure how that 4th one got on my plate! ;)

This is really easy and pretty quick to put together. It's hearty and filling, but doesn't make you feel guilty for enjoying it as much as you do. It would be a great meal to make for company because you can easily double the recipe and make a ton of these!

I hope y'all enjoy it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!