Saturday, September 08, 2012

Painting Hudson's Table Part 1: Prime Time

Well, despite the gloomy, rainy, humid weather earlier today, I was able to get Hudson's table and chairs cleaned, sanded, and primed this evening. I really wanted to get them painted too, but I just didn't have enough daylight by the time I started so I'll have to finish tomorrow (hopefully).

Those things were really dirty, especially the table(remember, my mom, my aunt, AND I played on this thing....it's about 54 years old or so), but I just used some Lysol wipes and they were clean in no time. Next, I sanded all 3 pieces with just a little sanding sponge, spending more time on the table than anything.

 You can see it has some damage on it, but I sanded it out so it's smooth and clean.

 I like how you can still see these pictures that were on there. ;)

I sanded the chairs a little bit too, mostly focusing on rough spots. 


After sanding, I gave all of the pieces a good wipe down with a paper towel to get all the dust off.
For the primer, I used...


I got it at Hobby Lobby, and it just so happened that all of their spray paint was 30% off. Score!
I just got one can but definitely could have used 2. I made one work, though. Primer doesn't have to be as perfect as the actual paint. Thankfully, I got 2 cans of the color I'll be using. 


I don't even remember the last time I used spray paint but I know it's been a while. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's so much easier than paining it by hand with a brush. No thank you! It dries super fast and I stowed it away under the covered porch for the night, so dew doesn't settle all over it. The chairs turned out good too, but I didn't get a picture of them.

I cannot wait to get this painted and done. It's going to look so good! Hopefully tomorrow I can get the color and polyurethane on. I'll post pics of the finished product ASAP!

**Update**
2nd part and reveal here!!

I hope y'all had a great Saturday and your favorite college football team won(wins) today. RTR!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!