Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Happy Birthday

Today, my sweet, precious grandmother would have been 85 years old. June marked a year since we lost her and I miss her every day. I don't know what birthdays are like where she is now, but I have to imagine it's better than any birthday she ever had here. A major party is being had!

As much as I miss her, I wouldn't want her back. She's in a much better place, where she is no longer suffering from the toll Alzheimer's had taken on her.

 This was their wedding announcement. She was so beautiful, then, up until the day she left us.


 She lived a wonderful life as a wife, mother, grandmother, teacher, and friend.
She was one of the smartest, kindest, most compassionate women I've ever known and I have looked up to her my entire life. She led a life of grace, elegance, kindness, generosity, and had the most loving spirit about her.

This is one of my favorite pictures of us together. It depicts our relationship perfectly. She was always there with her arms open for me, and I couldn't have been happier to be cuddled up in her arms on that couch. What I wouldn't give to be cuddled on that couch with her again.

As tough as this day is, it also comforts me to be reminded of all the things I loved about her and all of the sweet memories I have of her.

Happy Birthday, Rae Rae. I love and miss you every day.
I can't wait to celebrate with you again one day! Give Fatdaddy a kiss for me! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!