Monday, August 13, 2012

Beautiful Weekend

We had such a wonderful weekend! Not only was it absolutely gorgeous outside, with decent temps and low humidity, it was also great because Joseph and I got to have a date night Saturday! We've been out a few times since Hudson was born, for my reunion, a Christmas party, weddings, etc. But before Saturday, we had only been out on a date alone ONCE!(for our anniversary in December) Sooooo, it was much needed and we had a great time. We laughed so much and just enjoyed being together.

To start the Saturday off right.....

We made a stop for some of these babies that afternoon. We went with the intention of getting a few for my mom as a thank-you for coming up to watch Hudson. But, we couldn't go away without some for ourselves. I haven't had one in MONTHS and treated myself. Didn't feel one bit guilty about it either! 
;-)


We were also out for our bi-monthly grocery trip. We're trying out the meal planning and I'm trying to take it down to 2 trips a month. We're 2 days into the meal plan and I am LOVING it so far! :) Before we headed to Publix, Joseph got a quick haircut. Hudson and I didn't want to sit in the car for 30 minutes, so we walked around for a bit.




After our huge grocery trip...never bought enough for 2 weeks of meals before....we headed home for Hudson to take a nap and to get ready for our date. My mom got there very soon after and we departed for a night out.

Getting spiffy to go out calls for a photo op! ;-)

We have to take "the car" picture too! This is what the majority of our pictures look like....one of us taking the pic of ourselves. HA!


For dinner, we went to Bonefish Grill, which is quickly becoming our fave! We've been in B'ham before and this was our 2nd time to go in H'ville. SUCH good food! And so easy to eat healthy there too! NOT that we ate all that healthy. It is date night, after all.

This tomato salad was so fresh and delicious!

I had the pompano special and it was so good I could've licked my plate in front of everyone and not cared! Notice I wasted no time diving in, then remembered to snap a pic. 

Joseph surprised me and ordered the steak and lobster. I was so proud! He normally doesn't splurge on stuff like that, and it actually wasn't a huge splurge, money-wise. Their prices are pretty decent for the quality/portions.



We said we weren't getting dessert...but......

I have no memory of how that happened!! ;-)


After dinner, we went to see The Campaign. This was our 2nd trip to the movies since Hudson was born (we went with our friends in June) and we had a great time. We used to go to the movies ALLLLLLL the time. The movie was really funny. We were in stitches most of the time. I recommend it!


Sunday, we relaxed, spent some good family time with our sweet boy, and enjoyed a delicious roast cooked by our Crock-Pot. It was the perfect weekend! I hope you all had a wonderful one as well.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!