Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Perspective

Today was a day!! One of those days when nothing seems to go right and you just want to crawl back in bed. It wasn't quite a "terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day", but it was still "no good". It started off great! Hudson slept until almost 8am, which doesn't happen all that often, so it was a very nice way to start the day. It declined quickly from there, and not just because of Hudson, but because of me too. I've been dealing with a headache for 3 days now, have been just exhausted the past couple of days (I blame it on that darn yard work I did Sunday...shows nothing good comes of that! HA!), have mosquito bites on top of my mosquito bites (again...thanks, yard work!), and have been frantically trying to get things ready for Salvation Army to pick up tomorrow. Put that with a whiny, clingy toddler who didn't want to cooperate at mealtimes, do anything independently whatsoever, or take his afternoon nap, and that's definitely a recipe for a "no good" day. I tried so hard not to get frustrated and show that frustration to Hudson, but I'm afraid I may have failed. And what a horrible feeling that is....feeling like you've failed your child. I hate that feeling. You wish you can have a do-over on days like today, but there are no do-overs. That's why we have to always be mindful and do our best as parents every day. My friend, Tamara, shared this link on Facebook. It is exactly what I needed today, and it really put things in perspective for me. Sometimes we just need to step back, take a break, and start fresh. Sometimes we need things put into perspective for us to help open our eyes, and our hearts. I really like her list of things to do when she's frustrated. I find it kinda funny that I did one of them before even reading it...made some coffee! :) I also really like these two......
~ Practice giving thanks....the dirty diaper means a healthy child, the laundry pile means loved ones near, the dishes in the sink mean food enough for us
~ Remember the years of dreaming of having children....realize I am living my dream right now

This post really made me think about what's important. It's not that everything always goes perfectly, or just the way I plan. It's that my child and my family are happy, healthy, and cared for. As frustrated as I may get from time to time, because let's face it, we're all human and life's not perfect, I have to remind myself that this is the life I love, and I wouldn't trade it, or the people in it, for anything in the whole world. I am blessed beyond measure and so thankful for the beautiful little boy who calls me Mama, and the sweet, hard-working husband with whom I get to share this journey. It's all about perspective. 

And at the end of the day, moments like this far outweigh the frustrating ones.


A happy baby splashing in his bath, with a super awesome hairdo, might I add! ;-)

And even though today was trying and long, I am going to bed feeling blessed and thankful.
Now, where's the Tylenol PM? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!