Friday, August 31, 2012

Too Many Ideas!!

The playroom is painted and ready to decorate!

Here's a few pictures of the finished paint job....y'all, please don't look too closely, mmmk? I'm definitely NOT a professional painter!

The lamps are going soon, and I'm going to see if there's any way I can use those wooden boards to build something.



Up to no good? Never! (try not to notice that streak of gray paint on the molding, k thanks....hopefully I can get it off!!)


Here's the color scheme I'm thinking for the room. I've seen a few pictures on Pinterest of red and light aqua together and loved the way it looked! 
These are just a few of the fabrics I like, but I'll probably just go with 1 or 2, for some pillows, bench, etc. I don't want anything to clash, I just like the colors in these. The red in this fabric is slightly darker than I want to go, but I love the pattern. I LOVE those curtains, but I don't know if I'll go with them since they're from Ikea and not available online. My plan is to go with red and light aqua accents, with a few small touches of yellow.


These Expedit shelves are from Ikea and they ARE available online so I'll probably go with these for storage and such. I'm not sure if I want to go with a big one.....




A medium one.....



Or a small one to turn over for seating AND storage...or a combination of sizes. 


I found this picture on Pinterest of a nursery in the colors and thought it was so cute. I'd love to do a fun wall but I think I'll stick with the gray and do some fun pictures, art, etc.


Other things I want to incorporate in the room:
~ Sofa bed/day bed for guests
~ Chalkboard, either on wall or table
~ Reading spot
~ Storage bins to go in shelves for toys, books, etc.
~ Small TV
~ Little table (getting the one I used as a child from my grandparents)
~ Alphabet wall


Obviously, I want the room to be Hudson friendly. I want to make sure things are easily within his reach, that things are age-appropriate for him right now, and he's got places to play, sit and read, and for learning/writing when he's a little older. I also want it to be easy to convert into a guest room if we need it, so I plan to get a little sofa bed or day bed later for that. It will probably take a few months to get everything completed, and that's ok. It's just nice to have a room dedicated to Hudson now, even if it's not 100% decorated yet.

I hope y'all have a great weekend, and RTR!!!!! I may be scarce tomorrow. :-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!