Friday, August 17, 2012

Crock-Pot Italian Chicken

I think I must be one of the last people in the world to learn about this dish. I can't take credit for the recipe. I found it on....do I even have to say it? This dish is so incredibly easy (I mean, it has Crock-Pot in the name so you know it's gonna be easy.) and tasty. I decided to give it a try and I will definitely be adding it to my regular menu rotation. This dish has 4 ingredients.....FOUR! Can't beat that, if you ask me. This would be such a good meal to freeze, give to new moms or someone who's been sick or had surgery, etc. In fact, next time I make it I'm going to double it and freeze half of it. You can just leave the chicken breasts whole when you serve them, cut them up into strips or chunks, or shred them. I just kind of pulled my apart into small strips. This was a huge hit with us last night! The original recipe came from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

Crock-Pot Italian Chicken


 Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing
1 8oz package softened cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat)
1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used 1 and it was perfect, in my opinion)


Directions:

Throw chicken in Crock-Pot.
Sprinkle dressing packet onto chicken.
Stir softened cream cheese and soup until mixed well, then pour over chicken.
Cook on low about 4-5 hours. 

I sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese and served it over egg noodles, b/c that was the only short cut pasta I had, but it was great! It'd be good on rice too. I didn't have a problem with the sauce being too thick, but if you find it is, just add a splash of milk.

Enjoy, and Happy Friday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!