Saturday, August 25, 2012

Roasted Red Potatoes

I love potatoes. It's a vice, really. Carbs, starches. Yum! I could eat some kind of potato with every meal, but I don't. I try not to have potatoes more than a couple times a week. Yesterday, I made my Crock-Pot Ribs for dinner, along with some corn on the cob. (*Side-note: Those frozen cobs you can pop in the microwave are so convenient!*) I wanted another side to go along with it, and I had some red potatoes leftover in the pantry. I decided roasted potatoes it would be! They were quick, easy, and very tasty. Just what the dinner needed. 



These are so easy, it's ridiculous.
I just washed the potatoes real quick, diced them up into bite-size pieces and tossed them in a little olive oil, garlic salt, parsley, and a little s&p.(I didn't measure a thing, I just know how much of certain flavors I prefer and shook until I was satisfied.) Bake them at 425 for 30 minutes, and...perfection! They were crispy on the outside, but perfectly tender on the inside, with tons of flavor. They would be really good with a little parmesan sprinkled on top, but I didn't think that'd go too well with BBQ ribs. ;-) You could flavor these potatoes however you wanted to. Rosemary, parmesan, paprika, garlic, ranch seasoning, cheddar and bacon, etc. Whatever your little heart desires! Hudson loved them so much and I was afraid between him and me, there wouldn't be any left for Joseph. We did manage to leave him some, I promise. ;) I'll be making these babies on those nights when I need a quick, easy, and relatively healthy side dish. I hope you get a chance to try them, however you decide to flavor them up!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!