Thursday, August 30, 2012

Whew!

Y'all, I'm just gonna be honest.....I'm tired! Exhausted, actually. I haven't been this tired in a long time, but it just seems like I can't catch up on my sleep for some reason. I have a child who sleeps about 11 hours/night so there's really no excuse for that. I will admit, I do stay up until at least 11pm most nights, but then I sleep until about 7am so one would think that's enough sleep. Evidently, chasing a toddler around all day and taking care of things around the house just drains me. I dunno. I thought maybe my body needed a day or two to recover from the yard work I did Sunday, but....that was like 4 days ago so........

Oh yeah, and I DID paint the playroom today, so that could be a lot of the problem! ;-) 


All I have to say is thank goodness the room is smaller than our bedroom. There is no way I could've done a room that size by myself. I started the playroom at around 9 this morning, and was done with 3 of the 4 walls just a little after noon. I barely had enough paint to finish the 3rd wall, but was able to make it stretch. My sweet hubby stopped by Lowe's and got me a quart of paint so I could finish it up tonight. I am SO glad to have that project done! Now, the fun part....the decorating and pulling it all together. I can't wait!

Hudson was such a sweet boy while I was painting (for the most part, aside from the whole dropping my iPhone in the can of paint thing later in the day...luckily the can was basically empty and my cover was on my phone so some minimal cleanup was required) and entertained himself in the pack 'n play while I was working hard.


Thankfully, he only had to sit in there while I did the first wall, then I was able to get 2 others done while he was napping! I painted like a mad woman, I tell ya!! I caught him reading his book about "Bry Bry"...it's a book about Boxers we bought when we got Bryant years ago. It was so sweet. 

Speaking of "Bry Bry"...this is how our day ended.....


Typical. This child loves his Bry Bry. 


And I'd like to take a moment to say HAPPY RETIREMENT to my sweet dad!! He retired after 37 years at Goodyear and I am so proud of him! He is the hardest working person I know and I can't think of anyone who is more deserving than him. He has spent so much of his life providing for our family, working countless hours of overtime when it was needed, doing some tough physical labor day after day after day. I am so proud for him that he's finally able to start this new chapter in his life as a retired man who can do what HE wants, when HE wants, and how HE wants. Time to live life and love every minute of it! 

Congratulations on such an accomplishment and enjoy every minute of your retirement!!! I love you so much!!


How 'bout that college football?!?!?!!? It kicked off tonight! WOOOHOOOOO!!!! I've been waiting for this for like 8 months and I cannot wait for Saturday!!
RTR, baby!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!