Sunday, August 19, 2012

Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos

Ok, I didn't really have high expectations for this recipe. I thought, chicken tacos.....chicken, taco seasoning, and salsa....how good can it be?? Whoa...so good!! And seriously THE easiest dish I've ever made! And I didn't think anything could get easier than spaghetti! HA! 

This is one of those dishes you can throw together with staples you have in your pantry/fridge, on just a few hours' notice of dinner guests arriving, or on a day when you don't feel like putting together an elaborate meal but want to serve something your family will love. This would be great for game-day too! Now, like I've said before, my husband is far from picky (except those pesky onions, ya know!) and when he went to the Crock-Pot yesterday afternoon to taste how it was coming together, he quickly said "Is it time to eat?" I take it he liked what he tasted...not to mention he had 3 chicken soft tacos for dinner. At least they're pretty healthy. ;-)

One of my favorite Mexican dishes (but I avoid it because it's calorie city) is chicken nachos. This would be perfect on tortilla chips with some cheese dip on top! Oh my! You could even go as far as to add onions and green peppers to the crock-pot. Yum! 



Without further ado, here is the ridiculously easy recipe.


Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos

Ingredients:

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 16oz jar salsa (whatever kind you like, I used Newman's Own)



Directions:

Throw chicken in crock-pot.
Sprinkle with taco seasoning, then pour salsa. Stir just a little bit to get the seasoning and salsa incorporated a little.
Cook on low 4-6 hours. 
Shred chicken and serve on tortillas with your favorite toppings.

I like to keep my chicken tacos simple and just added a dollop of sour cream, but you can add more salsa, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc. Or serve on nachos! YUM! A great dish to freeze for later too!

I hope you enjoy these tacos. We sure did, and I think I'll have one for lunch! :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!