Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Crock-Pot Beef Stroganoff

We all remember beef stroganoff as that mushy, somewhat tasteless dish with some kind of mystery meat that was served in our school cafeteria. But it's actually one of those good comfort food meals that can have great flavor.   I decided to add it to our menu for this rotation and it turned out great. It can so easily make a ton for freezing and leftovers. We had it last night and tonight. It's quick and easy to throw together in the crock-pot and let it do its thing for several hours. Delish!

Here's what you need:


- Appr 1-2 lbs cube steak, cut up into small chunks (I only used 1 pack, but definitely should have used 2. Just wasn't thinking when I grabbed the meat that day.)
- 2 cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1-2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-2 tsp onion powder (you can use chopped onion if you like. Onion is a bad word in my house...according to my hubby anyway.)
- appr 2 tsp beef bouillon granules dissolved in about a cup hot water (I've used a can of straight beef broth before and this turned out SO much better, for whatever reason. This is your call.)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup sour cream
- fresh mushrooms (however much you like), cleaned and chopped (optional - I didn't use them this time)
- S&P to taste

Here's what you do:

- In Crock-Pot, combine meat, soups, worcestershire sauce, onion powder, beef broth (canned or with granules), mushrooms(if used), s & p. Cook on low 5-6 hours. The meat turns out SUPER tender!
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream about an hour before serving. 
Stir frequently, to evenly mix this in.



Serve over cooked egg noodles or rice. I added my noodles to the crock-pot for about 30-45 minutes before I served it and the flavors worked their way into the pasta. So good!!

Hudson gobbled it up, and that's all the validation I need to tell me it's good. HA!

I hope you'll give it a try for an easy, comforting week night meal. Enjoy! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!