Thursday, November 22, 2012

Give Thanks


Today is a special day to spend extra time with our family and friends, enjoy some wonderful food made with love and soul, and reflect on all of the blessings in our lives. (although we really should be thankful for our blessings every day, am I right?)

I haven't participated in the daily posting of what you're thankful for, mostly because I'm sure I would have started forgetting to do it by about day 9. I thought I'd share just some of things I'm thankful for this holiday.


In no particular order...

- The hard-working, loving, funny, sweet, outgoing, smart man I get to spend my life with, who also happens to be an amazing daddy!


- The most precious gift I could ever imagine....the smart, silly, nosy, feisty, stubborn, inquisitive, handsome 19 month old little boy I get to call my son.

- The absolute best parents a girl could have, who are so giving, supportive, and selfless.
I'm so undeserving.


- Forgiveness and second chances.

- My Keurig

- Incredibly supportive, generous, caring in-laws. They're such a blessing.

- All the people who love my boy so much.

- The ability to laugh at myself.

- Reliable vehicles to get us where we need to go.

- The roof over my head and the food in my stomach.

- Music.

- The sweet memories I have of the loved ones I've lost. They have helped shape who I am.

- The loved ones I am blessed to still have here with me, including my sweet grandparents. They are wonderful and so special to me.

- Sweet blog readers who take time out of their day to not only read my posts, but to send heartfelt emails with kind words.
Here's a snippet of one I got today. Touched my heart and means so much to me!
"Today I came across his post of your recipe for baked potato soup.  I went to your blog and have been reading for the past hour.  You are beautiful and seem so sweet.  It is HARD nowadays to find someone who is always positive and trying to see the bright, good side of things and I was just very enlightened by reading your blog.  It inspired me in many ways-  just to have a good outlook and be happy, and also gave me tips for my own blog as well.
I know I'm a stranger and this is very random, but I felt compelled to let you know that you, your blog, your pictures, and your words (especially your weight loss journey) have left me inspired today and I will definitely be following along in the future.  I hope you, Joseph & Hudson have a wonderful Thanksgiving!"

- Mornings with Hudson. They're my favorite.

- Dates with Joseph.

- Nutella...with Nilla Wafers (If you've never tried it. Do it. You're welcome.)

- Sarcasm

- Hudson's laugh.


- My crazy, rowdy, sweet, loving four-legged children. Even though they lick, scratch, & gnaw at themselves constantly, stand in my way when I'm trying to walk, and wake me up at night with their wild dreaming, they are family as well and we love them. (especially Hudson!) ;)

- My Crock-Pot. Seriously. That's a blessing to any momma.

- The best friends in the world. And even though I may not see some of them often, we pick right back up where we left out, like we never missed a beat.

- My brothers/sisters-in-law, who are like real brothers and sisters to me.
Jonathan & Melissa (Joseph's sister)

Adam & Kerrie (Joseph's brother)
- Duck Dynasty (I've recently started their book too. So good. Such good people.)

- A beautiful evening sunset.

- My good health.(and that of my family and friends!)

- The crisp, cool air on a Fall morning.

- The One who has blessed me immensely, far greater than I deserve. 


I hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with lots of good family time, delicious food made with love by you and/or loved ones, and tons of new memories made to last a lifetime. Bless you all. Let's remember to give thanks, today...and every day.

I'm thankful for all of YOU!!

Have a beautiful day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!