Thursday, November 01, 2012

Moo to You!

I hope everyone had a good Halloween yesterday. We kept it pretty simple. We were going to just greet trick-or-treaters at home(which we did do, for all of the 2 little groups we had), but we decided to walk over to the church behind our house for their Trunk or Treat. Hudson really enjoyed walking through the neighborhood and around all the different trunks at the church. He was a pretty popular cow, and everyone loved him. :-)

First up, a little photo session outside while it was still light.

 Cutest cow. Ever.



Have I mentioned this child loves being outside???




We went outside the front door to make sure things looked trick-or-treater ready and one of our neighbors brought him some candy when she saw us outside.
He didn't know what to make of it and the idea of a stranger giving him candy weirded him out. I don't think that's the worst thing in the world...especially nowadays! 


Is this what I do? Stand here and wait for strangers to give me candy? 


Sounds good, momma, let's go! (this child was ready to just run for it!)


One pic with momma before heading in to take a break and eat some dinner.

And maybe a piece of candy. Milky Way Midnight, one of my absolute faves!! 
Clearly, one of his too. :)


Once Daddy got home, we suited back up and were off! We just walked around the neighborhood on our way to the Trunk or Treat. (Hudson LOVED walking pretty much all of it on his own, BTW) Our neighborhood is very quiet (which I'm very thankful for) and has a lot of retired couples/individuals so there were not many kids out at all. A lot of houses had their outside lights off too.(the apparent universal "I'm not participating in trick-or-treating" sign, which is fine. To each his own.) We weren't going to any houses anyway, but if we were, we wouldn't have had much success, that's for sure. Hudson was just so excited and knew we were headed to something fun.


 This is the typical face I get from him in pictures with me. *sigh*


I need more stuff, you guys. 


Daddy walking his little calf...or I guess I should say it was the other way around. The calf led the way. 


"Hello, stranger, may I please have some candy?" That's not what he was doing, but it looks like it! HA! He sure does look precious in this pic, though.


I love him!


 He looks a little scared in these 2. I think he was scoping out the firetruck they had there. It was a little loud and daunting to him, I'm sure.


He and Daddy went to see the firetruck up close and personal. It was a little louder than he expected so he wasn't so sure about it.


Hudson got to try his first sucker last night. Talk about a mess! HA! It took him a few minutes to figure out what he supposed to do with it. Made me SO nervous too, so he didn't have it long. 


Rule of parenting: when your child offers you some food, you take it. Even if it's a disgusting cherry flavored sucker and you hate it. You still take the tiniest little lick. 
I was totally trying to avoid it. Like, really hard. 


Cherry flavored wide open mouth kiss!


And the aftermath. ;-)

 A couple more pictures before heading home. It was chilly and a certain little calf was getting reading to hit the hay. Pun totally intended.

This sums up our night. He loved every minute of it and I'm so glad we were able to go do something last night. I think next year will be even more fun, when he's able to understand the idea better and get into it more. For us, Halloween is just about having fun, dressing up, and being silly. We don't celebrate the scary, creepy stuff and just keep it light-hearted and fun.

And can y'all believe he never cried or tried to take his costume off once?? Didn't even pull the hood off of his head. I was so surprised. This costume was a definite success!

Now, to figure out what to do with the insane amount of candy we have left. Seriously, y'all, like 5 trick-or-treaters! I can't have this stuff tempting me! I've already eaten way more than I should have! I do not have willpower when it comes to candy. ;-)
I hope your Halloween was full of fun times too. Happy Thursday and Happy November!! About time to get in full on holiday mode!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and for taking the time to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading every single one of them!!